With rich shades of green and black, Ubatuba is an extravagant piece of stone. Its gold veins swirl throughout and make this stone a favorite choice.
Sample: $ 8.50
Other colors you may like
- Natural Stone Collection
- Features + Benefits
- Care + Cleaning
- Warranty Transfer
- No sealing required
- Easy to maintain and clean
- Unique designs and patterns
- Scratch, heat and stain resistant
- 30 Year Transferable Sealant Warranty
2 cm Surfacing Edges
2 cm Eased
2 cm Bullnose
2 cm Half Bullnose
2 cm Bevel
2 cm Double Radius
2 cm Ogee
3 cm Surfacing Edges
3 cm Eased
3 cm Bullnose
3 cm Half Bullnose
3 cm Bevel
3 cm Double Radius
3 cm Ogee
4 cm Surfacing Edges
4 cm Eased
4 cm Bullnose
4 cm Half Bullnose
4 cm Bevel
4 cm Double Radius
4 cm Ogee
Edge images should be used for reference only as actual shape and availability may vary by market. Please see your Lowe's kitchen specialist for more information.
What are the standard dimensions of natural stone slabs?
Slab sizes can vary greatly but the typical minimum average sizes of allen + roth Natural stone slabs are 105” x 54” and the thickness can be 3/4” or 1-1/4”. The natural stone slabs are packed in bundles of approximately 400 to 450 square feet, each bundle including approximately 8 to 10 natural stone slabs.
Why should I choose allen + roth natural stone?
- It’s an aesthetically decorative natural stone surface
- Extremely durable as it is one of the hardest natural products
- Adds sophistication to your home and style in your kitchen or bathroom
- Unique colors, shades, and patterns
- Ease of maintenance
- Protects against mold and mildew
- Maintains its polished look
- Normal use of kitchen knives or cookware will not leave scratches
- Adds to the resale value of your home
Do I need to be at the home during the measuring and installation phases?
We recommend you be at the home during template/measure process to answer any potential design questions and provide input on seam locations. You must be present during installation as well.
Can I cut on my natural stone countertop?
Natural stone is extremely hard and can withstand even the sharpest knives but doing so will quickly dull your knives, so we recommend a cutting board.
Can my natural stone countertop be damaged?
Like any surface, high impact blows can do harm to your natural stone, and it can chip if subjected to sharp-tipped hard objects. Although allen + roth natural stone installations come sealed, unsealed natural stone can absorb stains such as oil, which can ultimately cause dark spots or discoloration. Heat from pots and pans or burning liquids will not affect natural stone under normal circumstances, but it is recommended to use trivets whenever possible.
My small tile sample of natural stone has pits on the surface, will I have these on my countertops?
Natural stone often has tiny pits or spaces between the various mineral crystal as well as natural fissures. These are not structural defects and occur naturally due to the immense amount of heat and pressure the stone is subjected to prior to being mined. “Pitting” in the natural stone is simply where perhaps a small crystalline quartz void occurs; it is not a sign that the natural stone is deteriorating. These characteristics are part of the natural beauty of stone and will not impair the function or durability of the material.
Can I set a hot pot on my natural stone countertop?
Natural stone is formed by extreme heat and pressure occurring beneath the earth’s crust. It is highly unlikely that a natural stone countertop would crack or discolor when exposed to a hot pan, but a trivet is recommended.
Can my natural stone countertop chip?
Yes, but usually only in cases of severe abuse with a hammer or impact tool. If a minor chip should occur, it can usually be repaired using a natural stone dust and epoxy mixture.
Can natural stone crack?
Natural stone is most susceptible to cracks during shipping and installation, but once installed it will not crack under normal circumstance. Extreme home settling or shifting foundations can cause cracks, and we do not recommend you stand on the countertops.
Can natural stone be repaired?
It is extremely hard to damage natural stone due to its natural characteristics. If any damage should occur, it can usually be repaired with a mixture of epoxy and ground up chips of natural stone.
Are seams visible?
A colored epoxy resin is used during installation that is mixed with colored crystals to match the natural stone as closely as possible; however, you will be able to see and feel the seams.
Does natural stone stain?
Most natural stones are porous to some degree. The countertops will be installed with sealer in place that prevents stains. Post installation, you can use cleaning products that have a sealer as part of the formulation which will refresh and replenish the sealer.
How do I clean my natural stone countertop?
Everyday care - simply clean with soap and water. Wipe dry to prevent streaking.
Will my natural stone look like the online sample?
The online sample is a color reference only. Natural stone is a natural material so each slab will vary slightly in color, tone, pattern, etc. so it is always recommended to visit the natural stone distributor to hand selects your slabs.
How is natural stone formed?
Natural stone is an igneous rock of visible crystalline formation and texture. It is composed primarily of feldspar, quartz, and mica. It starts off as liquid magma deep within the earth’s core where it is cooled and compressed over millions of years under tons of pressure. It is then quarried, cut and polished. After that process it can be applied in various ways like kitchen countertops, vanity tops, fireplace surrounds, among other applications.
Is natural stone expensive?
The cost of natural stone counters can vary a lot depending on the color, edge profile and custom shapes used in the layout. allen + roth natural stone countertop pricing is very competitive, and it also comes with a 30-Year Transferrable Sealant Warranty. Marble is not covered by this warranty.
Why is quartz different to marble and natural stone?
Quartz is an engineered stone so it is man-made while marble and natural stone are natural stones. Quartz color and patterns are consistent while natural stone colors and patterns can vary greatly from slab to slab.
Where can I use natural stone?
Natural stone is suitable for kitchen countertops, vanity units and other custom designs.
Are there different qualities of natural stone?
Yes, there are different qualities of natural stone. allen + roth natural stone countertops are first quality material and not commercial grade.
Can I have input on the layout of my countertops?
Yes. It is recommended that you visit the location housing the material and choose your stone with a layout in mind.
How do I support overhang?
Anything with an overhang of more than 10” needs to have a support. You should consult one of our certified fabricators to determine what support is required and your options for the support.
What is the difference between “honed” and “polished” natural stone?
Honed and polished refer to the finish of the natural stone. The finish of honed natural stone will range from flat to a low sheen gloss, which gives the stone a softer look. Polished natural stone refers to the glossy, highly reflective appearance, giving it a smooth, sleek look. A polished finish is much easier to maintain than the honed finish and is standard on all allen + roth natural stone countertops.
- allen + roth natural stone surface countertops are easy to maintain. Natural stone is a natural stone material that has been treated with a proprietary stone sealant to protect it from staining. This treatment makes allen + roth natural stone surfaces highly resistant to staining and low maintenance. By following the recommended care and maintenance it will help ensure your natural stone surface remains beautiful for many years.
- Everyday care - simply clean with soap and water. Wipe dry to prevent streaking.
- Although allen + roth natural stone is resistant to stains, spills should be cleaned as soon as possible. Spills and residues from fruits, vegetables, or other foods should be wiped up and cleaned with soap and water.
- Heat - allen + roth natural stone is resistant to heat. Although the material can withstand exposure to normal cooking environments for brief periods of time, all surfacing materials, including stone, can be damaged by extreme temperature changes, whether prolonged or sudden.
- Scratches - although allen + roth natural stone is resistant to scratches, cutting directly on the natural stone surface should be avoided. Using cutting boards will help ensure its long-lasting beauty.
- Chemical - avoid exposing allen + roth natural stone to any strong chemicals and solvents. It is important to note that some of these chemicals and solvents can be found in household cleaners. Abrasive, acidic household cleaners containing bleach or ammonia for example, are to be avoided.
allen + roth natural stone countertops are installed, already sealed, with a proprietary sealer specifically formulated to bond with the mineral structures inherent to natural stone. It penetrates deeply to provide unsurpassed stain protection, and oil and water repellency. It is this sealer that protects your countertop; therefore, it is important that it stays intact. Simply clean with soap and warm water, then wipe dry to prevent streaking. Avoid exposing allen + roth natural stone to any abrasive, acidic household cleaners, for example those containing bleach or ammonia, as they will damage the sealer.
To disinfect your allen + roth natural stone countertop, while protecting its sealer, use one of the following approved disinfectants. Each are available at Lowe’s.
- MonoFoil D Multi-Surface Disinfectant which reports to kill 99.9% of bacteria when used as directed.
- Weiman Granite & Stone Daily Cleaner & Shine which reports to kill 99.9% of germs and bacteria when used as directed.
Residential allen + roth® Natural Stone Surface 30 Year Transferrable Sealant Warranty*
Sage Surfaces, LLC (hereunder “Sage”) warrants to the original end user – purchaser/owner in the U.S. and Canada that its product of allen + roth natural stone natural stone treated with Natural stone Pro, the Sage approved sealant, shall be guaranteed from stains or spills from foods and beverages for allen + roth natural stone products that are permanently installed in your residence under normal use and service. This warranty applies to the repair or replacement of failed product areas that have been permanently installed in original owner(s) residence by a Sage authorized fabricator/installer/applicator and maintained in accordance with the care and maintenance guide. This includes reasonable labor charges needed to repair or replace the product. Sage’s obligation as to repair or replacement shall further be limited to repair or replacement with colors, styles and finishes of products that are available at the time of repair or replacement. The option to repair or replace product failures is at the sole discretion of Sage.
The 30-Year Transferrable Sealant Warranty is non-transferrable and applies to allen + roth natural stone materials treated with the Sage approved sealant applied to natural stone countertop materials for interior, residential application(s) in North America. The warranty does not cover seam performance or appearance. Silicone seams do not constitute part of the installation and accordingly are not covered by this warranty. This warranty is void unless the product has been paid for in full.
Under this 30-Year Transferrable Sealant Warranty, Sage’s authorized agents must be permitted sufficient time and opportunity to inspect the product(s), evaluate and respond to any claim(s). All decisions regarding the existence of defects or otherwise affecting this warranty shall be made by Sage and shall be final and binding upon all parties.
Exclusions for Residential Natural stone Pro 30-Year Transferrable Sealant Warranty:
- Damage resulting from improper transportation, fabrication, installation, care and maintenance, storage or handling of the product purchased.
- Use for any exterior or flooring application.
- Damage caused by improper use or abuse includes, but not limited to, damage from accidents, abuse of impact, chemical damage, bleach damage, corrosion damage, acts of nature, job-site conditions, or structural movement.
- Installed allen + roth countertop products that are removed from the original place of installation.
- Seam performance, seam appearance, adhesives, caulk and/or other accessory items.
- Conditions caused by normal wear and tear such as scratches, water spots and burns. Products are not scratch or heat proof. Cutting boards should be used for cutting, rubber footed trivets used when moving a hot object directly from a heat source onto the product, and compliance with the allen + roth care and maintenance guide are highly recommended.
- allen + roth products are quarried natural natural stone materials only; they are subject to veining and slight variances, including but not limited to, color, shade, particle structure, surface irregularities, texture irregularities, fissures, pits or other variances that naturally occur in the stone. These variances are not covered by this warranty.
- Supplemental repair including, but not limited to, electrical, tile or wall surfaces, backsplashes, cabinetry, freight, and plumbing modifications necessary to repair allen + roth products.
- Product usage for commercial application(s) including, but not limited to, installation in store, office or other places of business.
- Products in which the factory applied surface finish has been altered in any way.
- Defects that were visible at the time of fabrication/installation and were not avoided during fabrication/installation.
- This warranty covers only the repair or replacement of the actual section of the material determined to be damaged.
The professional fabricator/installer is responsible to inspect the allen + roth natural stone materials before fabricating and/or installing the products. The professional fabricator/installer is also responsible to apply the corporately Sage approved sealant to the allen + roth natural stone materials in accordance with the labeling instructions before installing the products. All parties must agree to comply with the terms and conditions outlined in this 30-Year Transferrable Sealant Warranty.
When choosing a color or finish, please refer to samples only as a general indication of a particular color’s design pattern, aesthetics, hue and finish.
Samples are not guaranteed to be an exact replica of allen + roth natural stone and will vary from the actual, installed allen + roth product. If after, or during
installation, you decide that you do not like the color you selected, replacement is not covered by this warranty.
No other warranties express or implied, are made, including merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Except as provided herein, Sage is not liable
in tort or contract for any loss or direct, incidental, or consequential damages as a result of the use or the inability to use allen + roth products. This warranty
gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state, or in Canada, from province to province. Some states/
provinces do not allow the exclusion or limitation of implied warranties or of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may
not apply to you.
Sage makes no other guarantee, representation, or warranty (express or implied) with respect to its products, except as expressly stated herein. No one other
than Sage is authorized or permitted to make or provide any promise, representation or warranty with respect to allen + roth products.
To qualify for service under this warranty please contact the retail location from which you purchased your allen + roth product. A purchase receipt or other
acceptable proof of purchase clearly showing both the date of purchase and that the installation was performed by a Sage authorized fabricator/installer will be
required before warranty service is rendered. If the warranty resolution is not handled to your satisfaction, please go to our website at www.sagesurfaces.com
under the warranty section and provide us with the details so we may better serve you.
*Marble is not covered by the 30 Year Transferrable Sealant Warranty
Warranty Transfer Procedure
The warranty can easily be transferred in a few minutes by following the process below:
- Go to www.sagesurfaces.com
- Select the ‘Warranty Transfer’ menu item
- Fill out the form with the requested information:
* Original Owner’s Name or Previous Owner’s Name to whom the warranty was appropriately transferred
* Address where the countertop was installed
* Name of Retailer from whom the Countertop was Purchase
* Address of the Retailer’s Store Location where the Original Purchase was made
* Original Date of Purchase
* Countertop Material
* Countertop Color
* Name of the Person to Whom the Warranty is being Transferred
- Click ‘Submit’
If the warranty resolution is not handled to your satisfaction, please go to our website at www.sagesurfaces.com under the warranty section and provide us with the details so we may better serve you.