- Quartz Collection
- Features + Benefits
- Care + Cleaning
- Warranty Transfer
- Test Data
- allen + roth™ quartz surface countertops are easy to maintain. It is a non-porous material that is highly resistant to stain, scratches and heat. However, it is not stain, scratch, or heat proof. By following the recommended care and maintenance it will help ensure your quartz surface remains beautiful for many years.
- Simply clean with soap and water on a regular basis to keep the lustrous gloss and radiant sheen. Use warm water and a damp cloth with a small amount of non-abrasive cleaner that does not contain bleach.
- Although allen + roth™ quartz is resistant to stains, spills should be cleaned as soon as possible. Liquid spills and stains from fruits, vegetables, or other foods should be wiped up and cleaned with soap and water.
Heat – allen + roth™ quartz is designed to be resistant to heat and can withstand exposure to normal cooking environments for brief periods of time without being damaged. Although allen + roth™ quartz withstands heat better than most surfacing materials on the market, all surfacing materials, including stone, can be damaged by extreme temperature changes, whether prolonged or sudden. Please use trivets and hot pads when placing hot skillets, pans, crock-pots or other heat generating kitchenware on the surface.
Scratches – although allen + roth™ quartz is resistant to scratches, cuts, and chipping, cutting directly on the quartz surface should be avoided. Using cutting boards and taking care not to drop or move heavy objects on the surface will help to ensure long-lasting beauty.
- Chemical – Avoid exposing allen + roth™ quartz to any strong chemicals and solvents. It is important to note that some of these chemicals and solvents can be found in household items like paint removers, paint and stain strippers that contain trichlorethane or methylene chloride, nail polish removers, bleach, furniture cleaners, oil soaps, permanent markers or inks, and chemicals with high alkaline/PH levels (oven cleaners, drain openers, etc.). Avoid using cleaning products that contain oils, powders or abrasives.
Chemicals to Avoid
The below list of chemicals should be avoided with allen + roth™ quartz surface countertops; however, the below list is not a complete list, and there may be other chemicals not listed here that may cause damage. The effect of any chemical usage on allen + roth™ quartz surface countertops is ultimately dependent on the type of chemical, the length of exposure, and the degree of concentration.
- Oil soaps, bluing agents, dyes, stains, paint thinner or strippers.
- Solvents such as acetone, nail polish, lacquer thinner, or bleach (short-term exposure is acceptable for purpose of cleaning difficult stains-based on removing and rinsing applied area within 5 minutes).
- Chlorinated solvents such as trichloroethylene or methylene chloride
- Benzene, toluene, methyl ethyl ketone
- Concentrated acids such as hydrocyanic acid, hydrofluoric acid, hydrochloric acid, sulfuric acid, nitric acid.
- Chemicals with high alkaline/PH levels (pH > 10)
If any of the substances listed above come into contact with allen + roth™ quartz, rinse with plenty of water and follow routine cleaning procedures immediately.
Although long-term or frequent exposure must be avoided at all times, the following products along with a non-abrasive cleaning pad may be used with short-term exposure (removing and rinsing immediately after application with water) to clean difficult stains or residues. Always handle such cleaning agents with care and rinse the applied surface with water completely afterwards.
- Simple Green 10x Stone Polish
- Magic Eraser by Mr. Clean
- Soap and Water
- Denatured Alcohol
- Hopes Surface Cleaner
- Rock Doctor Cleaner
All products must have all excess removed immediately after application with water and cloth. Prolonged exposure may ruin the surface.
The following disinfectants are approved for use on allen + roth quartz countertops and are available at Lowe’s®.
- MonoFoil D Multi-Surface Disinfectant which reports to kill 99.9% of bacteria when used as directed.
- Weiman Granite & Stone Daily Cleaner & Shine which reports to kill 99.9% of germs and bacteria when used as directed.