- Natural Stone Collection
- Features + Benefits
- Care + Cleaning
- Warranty Transfer
- allen + roth natural stone surface countertops are easy to maintain. Natural stone is a natural stone material that has been treated with a proprietary stone sealant to protect it from staining. This treatment makes allen + roth natural stone surfaces highly resistant to staining and low maintenance. By following the recommended care and maintenance it will help ensure your natural stone surface remains beautiful for many years.
- Everyday care - simply clean with soap and water. Wipe dry to prevent streaking.
- Although allen + roth natural stone is resistant to stains, spills should be cleaned as soon as possible. Spills and residues from fruits, vegetables, or other foods should be wiped up and cleaned with soap and water.
- Heat - allen + roth natural stone is resistant to heat. Although the material can withstand exposure to normal cooking environments for brief periods of time, all surfacing materials, including stone, can be damaged by extreme temperature changes, whether prolonged or sudden.
- Scratches - although allen + roth natural stone is resistant to scratches, cutting directly on the natural stone surface should be avoided. Using cutting boards will help ensure its long-lasting beauty.
- Chemical - avoid exposing allen + roth natural stone to any strong chemicals and solvents. It is important to note that some of these chemicals and solvents can be found in household cleaners. Abrasive, acidic household cleaners containing bleach or ammonia for example, are to be avoided.
allen + roth natural stone countertops are installed, already sealed, with a proprietary sealer specifically formulated to bond with the mineral structures inherent to natural stone. It penetrates deeply to provide unsurpassed stain protection, and oil and water repellency. It is this sealer that protects your countertop; therefore, it is important that it stays intact. Simply clean with soap and warm water, then wipe dry to prevent streaking. Avoid exposing allen + roth natural stone to any abrasive, acidic household cleaners, for example those containing bleach or ammonia, as they will damage the sealer.
To disinfect your allen + roth natural stone countertop, while protecting its sealer, use one of the following approved disinfectants. Each are available at Lowe’s.
- MonoFoil D Multi-Surface Disinfectant which reports to kill 99.9% of bacteria when used as directed.
- Weiman Granite & Stone Daily Cleaner & Shine which reports to kill 99.9% of germs and bacteria when used as directed.