- Derivati Porcelain is easy to maintain. Porcelain is a non-porous material that is highly resistant to stain, scratches and heat. However, it’s not scratch or heat proof. By following the recommended care and maintenance it will help ensure your porcelain surface remains beautiful for many years.
- Simply clean with soap and water on a regular basis and wipe dry.
- Use a microfiber cloth to remove dust from the surface. Clean your Derivati Porcelain daily if necessary. Derivati Porcelain can be washed with warm water to which a detergent can be added, used in the dose recommended by the manufacturer. Rinse with warm water and dry with a cloth.
- Avoid products containing hydrofluoric acid and its derivatives. If liquids are spilled, it must be dried immediately. The faster you clean and dry spills, the easier it is to remove stains. It’s not advisable to use waxes, oil soaps, impregnating agents or other treatments (hydro-oil repellent) on the product because its application is not necessary. Some of the detergents currently on the market contain waxes or polishing additives that after several washes can leave an oily film on the surface.
- Heat – Derivati Porcelain is designed to be resistant to heat and can withstand exposure to normal cooking environments for brief periods of time without being damaged. Although Derivati Porcelain can withstand heat better than most surfacing materials on the market, all surfacing materials, including porcelain, can be damaged by extreme temperature changes, whether prolonged or sudden. Please use trivets and hot pads when placing hot skillets, pans, crock-pots or other heat generating kitchenware on the surface.
- Scratches – although Derivati Porcelain is resistant to scratches, cuts, and chipping, cutting directly on the porcelain surface should be avoided. Using cutting boards and taking care not to drop or move heavy objects on the surface will help to ensure long-lasting beauty.
To disinfect your Derivati Porcelain countertop use either of the disinfectants listed below. Each are available at Lowe’s®.
- MonoFoil D Multi-Surface Disinfectant which reports to kill 99.9% of bacteria when used as directed.
- Weiman Granite & Stone Daily Cleaner & Shine which reports to kill 99.9% of germs and bacteria when used as directed.