- allen + roth™ granite surface countertops are easy to maintain. It is a natural stone material that has been treated with a proprietary stone sealant to protect it from staining. This treatment makes allen + roth™ granite surfaces highly resistant to staining and low maintenance. By following the recommended care and maintenance it will help ensure your granite surface remains beautiful for many years.
- Simply clean with soap and water on a regular basis to keep the lustrous gloss and radiant sheen. Use warm water and a damp cloth with a small amount of non-abrasive cleaner that does not contain bleach.
- Although allen + roth™ granite is resistant to stains, spills should be cleaned as soon as possible. Spills and residues from fruits, vegetables, or other foods should be wiped up and cleaned with soap and water.
- Heat – allen + roth™ granite is resistant to heat and can withstand exposure to normal cooking environments for brief periods of time without being damaged. Although allen + roth™ granite withstands heat better than other surfacing materials on the market, all surfacing materials, including stone, can be damaged by extreme temperature changes, whether prolonged or sudden. Please use trivets and hot pads when placing hot skillets, pans, crockpots or other heat generating kitchenware on the surface.
- Scratches – although allen + roth™ granite is resistant to scratches, cuts, and chipping, cutting directly on the granite surface should be avoided. Using cutting boards and taking care not to drop or move heavy objects on the surface will help to ensure long-lasting beauty.
- Chemical – avoid exposing allen + roth™ granite to any strong chemicals and solvents. It is important to note that some of these chemicals and solvents can be found in household cleaners. Abrasive, acidic or household cleaners containing bleach are to be avoided.
Download Granite Care and Maintenance Information (PDF)