Other colors you may like
- No sealing required
- Easy to maintain and clean
- Unique designs and patterns
- Scratch, heat and stain resistant
- Lifetime Limited Sealant Warranty
2 cm Surfacing Edges
2 cm Eased
2 cm Bullnose
2 cm Half Bullnose
2 cm Bevel
2 cm Double Radius
2 cm Ogee
3 cm Surfacing Edges
3 cm Eased
3 cm Bullnose
3 cm Half Bullnose
3 cm Bevel
3 cm Double Radius
3 cm Ogee
4 cm Surfacing Edges
4 cm Eased
4 cm Bullnose
4 cm Half Bullnose
4 cm Bevel
4 cm Double Radius
4 cm Ogee
Edge images should be used for reference only as actual shape and availability may vary by market. Please see your Lowe's kitchen specialist for more information.
What are the standard dimensions of granite slabs?
Slab sizes can vary greatly depending but the typical minimum average sizes of allen + roth™ Granite slabs are 105” x 54” and the thickness can be 3/4” or 1-1/4”. The granite slabs are packed in bundles of approximately 400 to 450 square feet, each bundle including approximately 8 to 10 granite slabs.
Why should I choose allen + roth™ granite?
- It’s an aesthetically decorative natural stone surface
- Extremely durable as it is one of the hardest natural products
- Adds sophistication to your home and style in your kitchen or bathroom
- Unique colors, shades and patterns
- Ease of maintenance
- Protects against mold and mildew
- Maintains its polished look
- Normal use of kitchen knives or cookware won’t leave scratches
- Adds to the resale value of your home
Do I need to be at the home during the measuring and installation phases?
We recommend you be at the home during template/measure process to answer any potential design questions and provide input on seam locations. You must be present during installation as well.
Can I cut on my granite countertop?
Granite is extremely hard and can withstand even the sharpest knives, but doing so will quickly dull your knives so we recommend a cutting board.
Can my granite countertop be damaged?
Like any surface, high impact blows can do harm to your granite and it can chip if subjected to sharp-tipped hard objects. Although allen + roth™ granite installations come sealed, unsealed granite can absorb stains such as oil, which can ultimately cause dark spots or discoloration. Heat from pots and pans or burning liquids will not affect granite under normal circumstances, but it is recommended to use trivets whenever possible.
My small tile sample of granite has pits on the surface, will I have these on my countertops?
Granite often has tiny pits or spaces between the various mineral crystal as well as natural fissures. These are not structural defects and occur naturally due to the immense amount of heat and pressure the stone is subjected to prior to being mined. “Pitting” in the granite is simply where perhaps a small crystalline quartz void occurs; it is not a sign that the granite is deteriorating. These characteristics are part of the natural beauty of stone and will not impair the function or durability of the material.
Can I set a hot pot on my granite countertop?
Granite is formed by extreme heat and pressure occurring beneath the earth’s crust. It is highly unlikely that a granite countertop would crack or discolor when exposed to a hot pan, but a trivet is recommended.
Can my granite countertop chip?
Yes, but usually only in cases of severe abuse with a hammer or impact tool. If a minor chip should occur, it can usually be repaired using a granite dust and epoxy mixture.
Can granite crack?
Granite is most susceptible to cracks during shipping and installation, but once installed it will not crack under normal circumstance. Extreme home settling or shifting foundations can cause cracks, and we do not recommend you stand on the countertops.
Can granite be repaired?
It is very hard to damage granite due to its natural characteristics. If any damage should occur, it can usually be fixed with a mixture of epoxy and ground up chips of granite.
Are seams visible?
A colored epoxy resin is used during installation that is mixed with colored crystals to match the granite as closely as possible; however, you will be able to see and feel the seams.
Does granite stain?
Most natural stones are porous to some degree. The countertops will be installed with sealer in place that prevents stains. Post installation, you can use cleaning products that have a sealer as part of the formulation which will refresh and replenish the sealer.
How do I clean my granite countertop?
Everyday care - simply clean with soap and water. Wipe dry to prevent streaking.
Will my granite look like the online sample?
The online sample is a color reference only. Granite is a natural material so each slab will vary slightly in color, tone, pattern, etc. so it is always recommended to visit the granite distributor to hand selects your slabs.
How is granite formed?
Granite is an igneous rock of visible crystalline formation and texture. It is composed primarily of feldspar, quartz, and mica. It starts off as liquid magma deep within the earth’s core where it is cooled and compressed over millions of years under tons of pressure. It is then quarried, cut and polished. After that process it can be applied in various ways like kitchen countertops, vanity tops, fireplace surrounds, among other applications.
Is granite expensive?
The cost of granite counters can vary a lot depending on the color, edge profile and custom shapes used in the layout. allen + roth™ granite countertop pricing is very competitive and it also comes with a Lifetime Limited Warranty.
Why is quartz different to marble and granite?
Quartz is an engineered stone so it is man-made while marble and granite are natural stones. Quartz color and patterns are consistent while natural stone colors and patterns can vary greatly from slab to slab.
Where can I use granite?
Granite is suitable for kitchen countertops, vanity units and other custom designs.
Are there different qualities of granite?
Yes, there are different qualities of granite. allen + roth™ granite countertops are first quality material and not commercial grade.
Can I have input on the layout of my countertops?
Yes. It is recommended that you visit the location housing the material and choose your stone with a layout in mind.
How do I support overhang?
Anything with an overhang of more than 10” needs to have a support. You should consult one of our certified fabricators to determine what support is required and your options for the support.
What is the difference between “honed” and “polished” granite?
Honed and polished refer to the finish of the granite. The finish of honed granite will range from flat to a low sheen gloss, which gives the stone a softer look. Polished granite refers to the glossy, highly reflective appearance, giving it a smooth, sleek look. A polished finish is much easier to maintain than the honed finish and is standard on all allen + roth™ granite countertops.
- allen + roth granite surface countertops are easy to maintain. It is a natural stone material that has been treated with a proprietary stone sealant to protect it from staining. This treatment makes allen + roth granite surfaces highly resistant to staining and low maintenance. By following the recommended care and maintenance it will help ensure your granite surface remains beautiful for many years.
- Everyday care - simply clean with soap and water. Wipe dry to prevent streaking.
- Although allen + roth granite is resistant to stains, spills should be cleaned as soon as possible. Spills and residues from fruits, vegetables, or other foods should be wiped up and cleaned with soap and water.
- Heat - allen + roth granite is resistant to heat. Although the material can withstand exposure to normal cooking environments for brief periods of time, all surfacing materials, including stone, can be damaged by extreme temperature changes, whether prolonged or sudden.
- Scratches - although allen + roth granite is resistant to scratches, cutting directly on the granite surface should be avoided. Using cutting boards will help ensure its long-lasting beauty.
- Chemical - avoid exposing allen + roth granite to any strong chemicals and solvents. It is important to note that some of these chemicals and solvents can be found in household cleaners. Abrasive, acidic household cleaners containing bleach or ammonia for example, are to be avoided.
Sage Surfaces, LLC (hereunder “Sage”) warrants to the original end user – purchaser/owner in the U.S. and Canada that its product of allen + roth™ natural stone granite treated with Granite Pro, the Sage approved sealant, shall be guaranteed from stains or spills from foods and beverages for allen + roth™ natural stone products that are permanently installed in your residence under normal use and service. This warranty applies to the repair or replacement of failed product areas that have been permanently installed in original owner(s) residence by a Sage authorized fabricator/installer/applicator and maintained in accordance with the care and maintenance guide. This includes reasonable labor charges needed to repair or replace the product. Sage’s obligation as to repair or replacement shall further be limited to repair or replacement with colors, styles and finishes of products that are available at the time of repair or replacement. The option to repair or replace product failures is at the sole discretion of Sage.
The Lifetime Limited Warranty is nontransferable and applies to allen + roth™ granite materials treated with the Sage approved sealant applied to granite countertop materials for interior, residential application(s) in North America. The warranty does not cover seam performance or appearance. Silicone seams do not constitute part of the installation and accordingly are not covered by this warranty. This warranty is void unless the product has been paid for in full.
Under this Lifetime Limited Warranty, Sage’s authorized agents must be permitted sufficient time and opportunity to inspect the product(s), evaluate and respond to any claim(s). All decisions regarding the existence of defects or otherwise affecting this warranty shall be made by Sage and shall be final and binding upon all parties.
Exclusions for Residential Granite Pro Lifetime Limited Warranty:
- Damage resulting from improper transportation, fabrication, installation, care and maintenance, storage or handling of the product purchased.
- Use for any exterior or flooring application.
- Damage caused by improper use or abuse includes, but not limited to, damage from accidents, abuse of impact, chemical damage, bleach damage, corrosion damage, Acts of God, job-site conditions, or structural movement.
- Installed allen + roth™ countertop products that are removed from the original place of installation.
- Seam performance, seam appearance, adhesives, caulk and/or other accessory items.
- Conditions caused by normal wear and tear such as scratches, water spots and burns. Products are not scratch or heat proof. Cutting boards should be used for cutting, rubber footed trivets used when moving a hot object directly from a heat source onto the product, and compliance with the allen + roth™ care and maintenance guide are highly recommended.
- allen + roth™ products are quarried natural granite materials only; they are subject to veining and slight variances, including but not limited to, color, shade, particle structure, surface irregularities, texture irregularities, fissures, pits or other variances that naturally occur in the stone. These variances are not covered by this warranty.
- Supplemental repair including, but not limited to, electrical, tile or wall surfaces, backsplashes, cabinetry, freight, and plumbing modifications necessary to repair allen + roth™ products.
- Product usage for commercial application(s) including, but not limited to, installation in store, office or other places of business.
- Products in which the factory applied surface finish has been altered in any way.
- Defects that were visible at the time of fabrication/installation and were not avoided during fabrication/installation.
- This warranty covers only the repair or replacement of the actual section of the material determined to be damaged.
The professional fabricator/installer is responsible to inspect the allen + roth™ granite materials before fabricating and/or installing the products. The professional fabricator/installer is also responsible to apply the corporately Sage approved sealant to the allen + roth™ granite materials in accordance with the labeling instructions before installing the products. All parties must agree to comply with the terms and conditions outlined in this Lifetime Limited Warranty.
When choosing a color or finish, please refer to samples only as a general indication of a particular color’s design pattern, aesthetics, hue and finish. Samples are not guaranteed to be an exact replica of allen + roth™ granite and will vary from the actual, installed allen + roth™ product. If after, or during installation, you decide that you do not like the color you selected, replacement is not covered by this warranty.
No other warranties express or implied, are made, including merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Except as provided herein, Sage is not liable in tort or contract for any loss or direct, incidental, or consequential damages as a result of the use or the inability to use allen + roth™ products. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state, or in Canada, from province to province. Some states/provinces do not allow the exclusion or limitation of implied warranties or of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
Sage makes no other guarantee, representation, or warranty (express or implied) with respect to its products, except as expressly stated herein. No one other than Sage is authorized or permitted to make or provide any promise, representation or warranty with respect to allen + roth™ products.
To qualify for service under this warranty please contact the retail location from which you purchased your allen + roth™ product. A purchase receipt or other acceptable proof of purchase clearly showing both the date of purchase and that the installation was performed by a Sage authorized fabricator/installer will be required before warranty service is rendered.
If the warranty resolution is not handled to your satisfaction, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or send your request via the “Contact Us” link at the bottom of our site and provide us with the details so we may better serve you.
33300 Egypt Lane, Ste. A400
Magnolia TX 77354