NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
The Sage Surfaces Nominate Your Hero 2021 Contest begins on July 14, 2021 at 4:00 PM CT and ends on July 23, 2021 at 11:59 PM CT.
ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible, a Hero must be a legal U.S. resident at least 18 years of age as of date of Nomination. A Hero is defined as a person who is admired or idealized for their courage, dedication, outstanding achievements, or noble qualities. To be eligible, an Entrant must be a legal U.S. resident at least 18 years of age as of date of nomination. Heroes that are no longer living can also be nominated, with the potential prize award going to a cause/charity/family member. By participating, Entrants agree to be bound by the official rules.
TO ENTER: During the promotion period, an Entrant can nominate a Hero for the contest by submitting a photo and essay to email@example.com. Entrants will be required to submit an essay describing why the Hero should be chosen as the award winner, including how the Hero demonstrates some or all of the following qualifications:
1) an inspiring example to others by helping make the world a better place to live (through volunteerism, extra-curricular actives, special projects, giving back, etc.)
2) going above and beyond to aid a friend, family member, stranger or community in a time of need; and/or
3) love of profession and desire, determination and diligence to help outside of normal job responsibilities. The essay must be in English and no more than 500 words. All information provided must be truthful, accurate and complete. Entrants may not enter the contest more than once, which means that an Entrant cannot nominate more than one Hero, and a Hero cannot be nominated more than once. If a Hero is nominated more than once, only the first nomination received will be eligible.
Submitted Materials: Each essay must satisfy all the following submission requirements the Submission Requirements:
· The essay must be the original creation of Entrant.
· The essay must not portray any recognizable individual without their prior consent, including consent from the Hero.
· Entrant must either own all rights to the essay or otherwise have the right to submit the essay in the contest and to provide the rights to Sage Surfaces as set forth herein.
· The essay must not infringe any third party’s intellectual property right.
· The essay may not contain illegal, indecent, obscene, pornographic, or sexually explicit content, or otherwise offensive material or inappropriate content such as aberrational behavior, graphic violence, drug abuse, or nudity.
· The essay must not promote bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
· The essay must be non-defamatory and must not invade any third party’s right of privacy or publicity.
· The essay must otherwise be appropriate for publication or broadcast or display on a general interest website.
By submitting an essay, each Entrant represents and warrants that the essay meets all of the submission requirements and that the distribution, reproduction, display and any other uses of any part of the essay by Sage Surfaces as permitted herein will not infringe any third-party rights. Each Entrant further agrees to indemnify and hold Sage Surfaces harmless from and against any and all claims, demands, damages, costs, liabilities and causes of action of whatsoever nature that are based upon or arise out of any breach by such Entrant of such warranties or representations made by contestant or of these official rules.
By submitting an essay, Entrant grants to Sage Surfaces a non-exclusive, perpetual, world-wide, royalty-free license (and waives all moral rights in and to the essay) to display or otherwise use the essay in connection with this promotion and as set forth herein.
If Sage Surfaces determines, in its sole discretion and at any time during the promotion period, that any nomination violates the submission requirements, is otherwise unsuitable, offensive, or in poor taste, or violates these official rules, Sage Surfaces reserves the right to remove and disqualify the essay. Sage Surfaces retains sole discretion as to whether any nomination satisfies the submission requirements and the official rules.
WINNER SELECTION: For the entry period, a panel of judges will select potential Hero finalists based on the compelling nature of the essay based on the criteria set forth herein. Top 5 entries will be announced on 7/29/21. We will post the top 5 for public voting from 7/29/21-8/5/21. Final winner announced 8/6/21. Winner will be selected by votes/likes.
WINNER NOTIFICATION AND RELEASES: We will attempt to notify potential winners via telephone and/or email. If a potential winner: (a) does not respond within 48 hours of initial notification attempt; (b) is not in compliance with these official rules, (c) does not meet the eligibility requirements, (d) declines the prize, he or she will be disqualified, and an alternate winner will be selected by applying the criteria set forth above.
PRIZES: There is 1 Nominate Your Hero Prize. Winning Hero will receive a $1000 Cash Prize.
PUBLICITY AND MARKETING: Submission of a nomination in the contest constitutes permission to Sage Surfaces to use Entrants name, identity, title, likeness, distinctive appearance, physical likeness, image, portrait, picture, photograph (whether still or moving), screen persona, voice, vocal style, statements, gesture, mannerism, personality, performance characteristic, biographical data, signature, social media handles and identities, and any other indicia or imitation of identity or likeness for purposes of advertising and trade, in any medium, without further notice, approval, or compensation, unless prohibited by law.