Reddish brown with highlights of espresso that simulates aged mahogany wood.
Sample Size: 8" x 2.5"
Sample: $ 8.50
Other colors you may like
Stainless Steel Sinks
Accent your surface selection with a beautiful stainless steel undermount sink. Designed and constructed from the highest quality 18-gauge 304 series alloy stainless steel, the sink is extremely durable, rust-free, easy to clean, hygienic and backed by a lifetime limited warranty.
Website photos and sink displays should be used for size reference only as shape and finishes may vary from shown representation. Measurements are for inside sink dimensions.
Stainless Steel Sink Care and Maintenance
- Stainless steel sinks are made from the highest quality 18-gauge 304 series alloy stainless steel, with 8/10 chrome-nickel content. Stainless steel sinks are extremely durable, rust-free, and most importantly, hygienic.
For General Care & Cleaning:
- After each use, rinse thoroughly. To minimize mineral deposits or water spotting, wipe the sink dry with a clean, soft cloth.
- Avoid any abrasive cleaners such as steel wool or scrub pads, as this will dull the finish.
- Avoid having household cleaning agents such as bleach sit in the sink, as this may damage the finish.
- Stainless steel does not rust; however, use of appropriate stainless steel sink cleaning agents is recommended for removing various surface residues.
- Scratches are normal in any sink material. With regards to stainless steel, most minor scratches can be softened with Soft Scrub®, a Scotch Brite™ pad, and deep cleaning agents such as Comet. Rub across the entire surface and rinse thoroughly.
- Different contaminants such as dirt, dust, and soil will vary greatly in the effect, appearance, corrosive probability and ease of removal. While some may be easily removed, others may require specific cleaners for effective removal. Frequently warm water with or without a gentle detergent is sufficient. Next in line are mild non-scratching abrasive powders such as typical household cleaners including: Bar Keepers Friend®, Flitz®, Gordon's Miracle Shine® and ShinySinks Plus®. All of these products are available at most grocery and hardware stores and it is recommended to follow the cleaning instructions on the product.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners to clean your stainless steel sink. Items such as steel brushes, steel wool and scrub pads will
tarnish the finish and make the sink look dull. These items should be avoided as they may leave particles imbedded on the
surface which can lead to rusting.
- Do not let household cleaning products such as bleach sit in your sink for a long period of time as it will damage the finish of your sink.
- For minor scratches, combining a wet Scotch Brite™ pad with a cleansing agent such as Flitz® will soften the appearance of scratches and disparities. Please rub the agent with the "grain" of the existing finish and continue to rub across the sink's entire surface. Rubbing against the grain or in one spot will produce poor results. Once the rubbing process in completed, the sink should be rinsed with clean water and towel dried.
Surface Stains and Rust
- Surface residue such as hard water stains, tarnish, rust and lime deposits should be treated with any of the following
- Bar Keepers Friend ®
- Gordon's Miracle Shine ®
Please follow each cleaning agents directions. Once clean, you should wipe off excess water with a dry towel.
- 100% Eco-friendly
- High-performance, compact lightweight surface
- Water, heat, scratch, stain and impact resistant
- Resistant to scorching and burning
- Non-porous, hygienic and easy to clean
- UV resistant for outdoor applications
- Backed by a 15-year limited warranty
- Miter Edge
- Eased Edge
Edge images should be used for reference only as actual shape and availability may vary by market. Please see your Lowe's kitchen specialist for more information.
What is DuraLosa™ Sinterted Stone?
DuraLosa™ is made up of natural materials including clay, feldspar and other natural minerals and pigments. The manufacturing process applies 5,000PSI of pressure at 2200F degrees which sinters and fuses the particles together.
What are the advantages of DuraLosa™ Sintered Stone surface countertops?
A high performing surface, DuraLosa™ is non-porous preventing unwelcome germs, bacteria and mildew. It does not require sealing, conditioning or polishing and is highly scratch, stain, heat, impact and water resistant. DuraLosa™ is 100% eco-friendly and is UV resistant.
What DuraLosa™ Sintered Stone surface products are available?
Each DuraLosa™ slab is fabricated into a variety of design applications. DuraLosa™ is available in 12mm (1.2cm) thickness and comes in a slab size of 125”x59”.
How do I care for my DuraLosa™ Sintered Stone surface countertop?
Use a microfiber cloth to remove dust from the surface. Clean your DuraLosa™ countertop daily if necessary. DuraLosa™ countertops can be washed with warm water to which a detergent can be added, used in the dose recommended by the manufacturer. Rinse with warm water and dry with a cloth or similar. Any liquid spills, fruits, vegetables, or other foods should be wiped up and cleaned with soap and water.
Is DuraLosa™ Sintered Stone scratch resistant?
Because DuraLosa™ is made up of natural materials and is manufactured using extreme heat and pressure, the surface is highly scratch and impact resistant. However, as with any surface, sudden impact, excessive force/pressure, or misuse can damage the stone surface.
Can you cut directly on the DuraLosa™ countertop?
Although DuraLosa™ is highly resistant to scratches, it is always recommended to use a cutting board to prevent any dulling of the surface or your knives. Using a cutting board will also prevent metal knife stains on the countertop surface.
Can hot plates and pans be placed directly on the DuraLosa™ countertop?
While DuraLosa™ sintered stone can withstand heat, we still recommend the use of hot pads or trivets when using cooking units such as electric frying pans, crock-pots, or toaster ovens. Prolonged exposure to heat can damage your DuraLosa™ countertop, and such damage is not covered by warranty.
Is DuraLosa™ color consistent?
DuraLosa™ sintered stone is made using natural materials and variences in color, pattern and shade are common and normal, as they are in other stone products. The 15-year warranty does not cover color variance and the DuraLosa™ countertop will not be replaced for these unique, inherent traits.
Will my DuraLosa™ countertop have seams?
DuraLosa™ is not a seamless product; seams are generally visible. Inspection for color coordination across seams and multiple pieces is strongly recommended. The exact number of seams in a countertop will depend on the shape of the countertop and whether or not you specifically request fewer or no seams. Seam placement is at the discretion of the fabricator. Please note that requests for fewer or no seams will increase the square footage units that must be purchased, thereby increasing the price. Our DuraLosa™ certified fabricator installer can show you where seams will be placed on your countertop.
Will the small sample piece I have match my countertop once it’s installed?
Variance in color, shade and pattern is an inherent trait expected of the Sintered Stone product. Samples are cut from large DuraLosa™ stone slabs and only represent a limited portion of the actual stone. Please refer to samples only as a general indication of a particular color’s design pattern, aesthetics, and hue. Samples are not guaranteed to be an exact replica of DuraLosa™ slabs and may vary from the actual, installed product.
Will dark colors require more maintenance?
All dark colors of any Sintered Stone material require more maintenance. Under ordinary use darker colors will show dirt, dust, rubs, fingerprints, and watermarks more readily than lighter colors patterns. Naturally these colors require more care to maintain their appearance.
Can I place food directly on my DuraLosa™ countertop?
Yes, given that it is non-porous, DuraLosa™ countertops are very hygienic as it avoids fungus or other bacteria.
What does my DuraLosa™ Limited Lifetime Warranty cover?
THESIZE warrants to the original end user - purchaser/owner in the U.S., that its DuraLosa™ porcelain sheet defects under normal conditions of use and service. This warranty will apply to the repair or replacement of failed product that has been permanently installed in the owner(s) residence. THESIZE obligation to repair or replace shall furthermore be limited to the repair or replacement with colors, styles and finishes of products which are available at the time of repair or replacement. The option to repair or replace product failures due to manufacturing defects shall be exercised at the exclusive discretion of THE SIZE.
The 15-year Limited Warranty is not transferable and only applies to the DuraLosa™ products for interiors and exteriors, in residential applications in the U.S. This warranty is void unless the product has been paid in full. In accordance with this 15-year Limited Warranty, the authorized agents of THESIZE shall be granted sufficient opportunity and time to inspect the product, and also assess and respond to any claims. All decisions concerning the existence of manufacturing defects in the DuraLosa™ porcelain sheet used in the fabrication of the DuraLosa™ countertops and sinks shall be made by THESIZE and shall be final and binding for all parties.
- DuraLosa™ countertops are easy to maintain. It is a non-porous material that is highly resistant to stain, scratches and heat. However, it’s not scratch or heat proof. By following the recommended care and maintenance it will help ensure your Sintered Stone surface remains beautiful for many years.
- Simply clean with soap and water on a regular basis and wipe dry.
- Use a microfiber cloth to remove dust from the surface. Clean your DuraLosa™ countertop daily if necessary. DuraLosa™ countertops can be washed with warm water to which a detergent can be added, used in the dose recommended by the manufacturer. Rinse with warm water and dry with a cloth.
- Avoid products containing hydrofluoric acid and its derivatives. If liquids are spilled, it must be dried immediately. The faster you clean and dry spills, the easier it is to remove stains. It’s not advisable to use waxes, oil soaps, impregnating agents or other treatments (hydro-oil repellent) on the product because its application is not necessary. Some of the detergents currently on the market contain waxes or polishing additives that after several washes can leave an oily film on the surface.
- Heat – DuraLosa™ countertops are designed to be resistant to heat and can withstand exposure to normal cooking environments for brief periods of time without being damaged. Although DuraLosa™ countertops withstand heat better than most surfacing materials on the market, all surfacing materials, including sintered stone, can be damaged by extreme temperature changes, whether prolonged or sudden. Please use trivets and hot pads when placing hot skillets, pans, crock-pots or other heat generating kitchenware on the surface.
- Scratches – although DuraLosa™ countertops are resistant to scratches, cuts, and chipping, cutting directly on the sintered stone surface should be avoided. Using cutting boards and taking care not to drop or move heavy objects on the surface will help to ensure long-lasting beauty.
15-year limited warranty for the DuraLosa™ Residential products.
THESIZE warrants to the original end user - purchaser/owner in the U.S., that its Duralosa™ porcelain sheet products used in the fabrication of the DuraLosa™ countertops and sinks shall be free from manufacturing defects under normal conditions of use and service. This warranty will apply to the repair or replacement of failed product that has been permanently installed in the owner(s) residence. THESIZE obligation to repair or replace shall furthermore be limited to the repair or replacement with colors, styles and finishes of products which are available at the time of repair or replacement. The option to repair or replace product failures due to manufacturing defects shall be exercised at the exclusive discretion of THE SIZE.
The 15-year Limited Warranty is not transferable and only applies to the DuraLosa™ products for interiors and exteriors, in residential applications in the U.S. This warranty is void unless the product has been paid in full. In accordance with this 15-year Limited Warranty, the authorized agents of THESIZE shall be granted sufficient opportunity and time to inspect the product, and also assess and respond to any claims. All decisions concerning the existence of manufacturing defects in the Duralosa™ porcelain sheet used in the fabrication of the DuraLosa™ countertops and sinks shall be made by THESIZE and shall be final and binding for all parties.
Exclusions of the 15-year Limited Warranty for the DuraLosa™ residential porcelain surfaces:
Damages caused by abuse or improper use of the products which, by way of example and without any limitation, include those caused by accidents, by exposure of the countertop to abnormal physical conditions (such as heavy impacts) or chemical conditions (such as hydrofluoric acid), corrosion, structural movements or natural disasters.
The DuraLosa™ products which have been transferred from their original installation place.
Seam performance, seam appearance, adhesives, caulk and/or other accessory items.
Damages caused by abuse or improper use of the products which, by way of example and without any limitation, include those caused by accidents, by exposure of the countertop to abnormal physical conditions (such as heavy impacts causing chips, cracks or fractures) or chemical conditions (such as hydrofluoric acid), corrosion, structural movements or natural disasters.
Imperfections which have been caused by natural wear due to use, such as stains, scratches, water stains and burns. It is strongly recommended to use cutting boards to cut, supports for hot recipients with rubber base to move hot objects directly from the heat source on the product, and also comply with the DuraLosa™ instructions for care and maintenance (www.sagesufaces.com).
The DuraLosa™ products are manufactured with natural materials. Any variations in the color, shine, tone or design of the product are consequently specific and singular characteristics of the DuraLosa™ surfaces and are not covered by the 15-year Limited Warranty.
Opinions based on the customer’s personal preferences for which he decides whether or not he likes the color, general appearance or other cosmetic opinions after the product has been fabricated or installed.
Supplementary repairs including, by way of example and without any limitation, modifications that affect the electric installation, wall and floor tiles or wall surfaces, protectors against splashes, furniture or cabinets, transport expenses and plumbing modifications needed for repairing the DuraLosa™ products.
The use of the product for commercial applications including, by way of example and without any limitation, the installation in shops, offices and other business establishments.
Products whose surface finish applied at factory has been altered in any way.
Defects which were visible at the time of the fabrication or installation of the countertops.
The fabricator and installer are responsible for inspecting the DuraLosa™ products before fabricating or installing the products.
When choosing a color or finish, remember that the samples are only a general indication of the design, drawing, aesthetics, color and finish. Samples are not an exact replica of DuraLosa™ and could vary slightly from the DuraLosa™ product that is effectively installed. The warranty will not cover replacement of the product in the event that after or during the installation you should decide you do not like the color that you have chosen.
No other kind of guarantee is granted, whether specific or implicit, including the marketing or suitability for a specific purpose. Except when established in this document, THESIZE will not assume any kind of contractual or extra-contractual responsibility for any loss or damage and direct, fortuitous or consecutive prejudice, as a result of the use or impossibility to use the DuraLosa™ products. This guarantee grants specific legal rights, and there may also be other rights which will vary depending on the State. Certain States do not permit the exclusion or limitation of the implicit warranties or of the fortuitous or consecutive damages or losses, and consequently it could occur that the above limitation or exclusion is not applicable.
THESIZE does not grant any other kind of guarantee, declaration or warranty (express or implicit) with regard to its products, except in the measure established in this document. Nobody except THESIZE is authorized or empowered to grant any class of promise, declaration or warranty with regard to the DuraLosa™ products. Sage Surfaces, LLC is the authorized marketing agent of DuraLosa™, and will process the warranty proceedings with THESIZE.
To exercise this warranty, you should contact the retail establishment where you purchased the DuraLosa™ product. To be eligible to the services derived from the warranty, you should present a receipt of purchase or other kind of acceptable documentary justification of the purchase which clearly shows the date of purchase. In the event that you should consider that the warranty claim has not been satisfactorily resolved for you, we recommend that you contact the "warranty" section of the web site www.sagesurfaces.com and give us the necessary information so we can provide you the best possible service.
6700 Woodlands Parkway
The Woodlands, TX 77382
P.I. Cami Fondo, Supoi 8
12550 Almazora Spain
DuraLosa™ as trademark pending under application number 86238896 Classes 019, 020 dated 04/01/2014
Download DuraLosa Residential Warranty
|Breaking Strength, Average (N)||ISO 10545-4||6173|
|Modules of Rupture, Average (N/mm2)||ISO 10545-4||57|
|Water Absorption||ISO 10545-3||< 0,1 %|
|Impact Resistance, Average||ISO 10545-5||0,8(1)|
|Resistance to Deep Abrasion||ISO 10545-6||< 133 mm3|
|Thermal Linear Expansion||ISO 10545-8||5,2 - 6,3 10-6*oC-1|
|Resistance to Thermal Shock||ISO 10545-9||No Visible Defects|
|Moisture Expansion (mm/m)||ISO 10545-10||< 0,1|
|Frost Resistance||ISO 10545-12||No Visible Defects|
|Chemical Resistance||ISO 10545-13||UHA|
|Stain Resistance||ISO 10545-14||Class 5|
|Lead and Cadmium given off by tiles||ISO 10545-15||
Lead: <0,01 mg *dm-2
|Hardness (Mohs scale)||UNE 67-101||> 6|
|Anti Slip Property(2)||DIN 51330||R9|
|Static Friction Coefficient(2)||ASTM C1028||
Dry 0,76 - 0,94
Wet 0,43 - 0,67
|Reaction to Fire||DIN EN 13823DuraLosa: A1||DuraLosa+: A2-s1,d0|
|UV Resistance||DIN 51094||No Alteration|